Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas

Today has been a great day! I'll try and recap the magic for you. I was woken up at the wonderful time of 8:25 though I had specifically asked that the earliest would be 8:30, grrrr! Oh well. So I got up and we all gathered into the living room to open presents. I got a lot of really cool and thoughtful gifts this year. Mom FINALLY gave us the fish oven mitts that Alan had picked up for us in Alaska. They're pretty much the coolest thing I've ever seen in my life! I also got socks, which I desperately need, a chocolate orange, a pair of Christmas socks, an argyle sweater, a couple of books (I'm very excited for those, one's for us my dear :D), and a couple of other little small things. The big present of the day was one that mom and dad bought for the whole family. Imagine the surprise of Karen and I as we opened a Wii console and a game! My parents, the ones who had always said no gaming consoles, had bought us a Wii!! It's the coolest thing and even mom and dad are really enjoying it. Actually, as I'm writing this it's 11 pm and dad and mom are still up playing with it, crazy! Haha!

I've had a great day of hanging with the family. It snowed about 2 feet today so we stayed home and relaxed and enjoyed our presents. So naturally I'm still in my pajamas. Now I'm ready to go to bed whenever! Life can't get any better than this.

So, Christmas was great, but hands down the best part of Christmas was Christmas Eve. We talked to Nathan for about 40 minutes last night. Man it was great to hear his voice! Sometimes it feels like he's been gone for sooooo long! But actually his last day in the mission is the 27th of May! :D It's great to be able to talk to him. He sounds more sober, but other than that he's still the same old awesome Nathan.

So overall it's been a great Christmas, except for one disappointment. The fancy fiance of mine didn't give me a call and didn't pick up when I called him, so I hope everything is ok. I hope that he calls tomorrow so that we can catch up since it has been three days since I've talked to him.

So my family was planning a trip to Seattle from the 30th to the 3rd because my great uncle is getting married. He's my absolute favorite relative and I really would love to go. Sadly the weather in Seattle and over the pass is terrible, so our chances of going are slim to nothing. Blah! But this has an up side as it means I get to go back to Provo on Monday so that I can spend some of my break with Alan!! That makes me so happy! I'm having a wonderful time here at home with my family, I wouldn't trade this time for the world, but I am excited to go back and see my fancy fiance. Man, I miss him!

Anyway, that's all I have for now, and yes I know it's a crazy long entry. I hope you all had as merry a Christmas as I did!

1 comment:

Kari Lynn said...

you need to learn how to blog more girly! Not only that but you need to call me so I can talk with you about important stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...