Friday, March 20, 2009

Hockey and other fun

Well it's been awhile since I have written so here I am again!

Every Tuesday and most Thursday's Alan takes me to go play hockey. When we first started dating I was not a hockey fan. It had never been a big thing in my town, all the hockey players were the pot-smoking, drinking boys; my parents didn't care about any sports and so I had never gotten involved in hockey. Well then I started dating Alan, and hockey takes up almost as much time in his life as I do. I had to at least understand his passion. One of our first dates was going to a BYU hockey game. That was so much fun!! It was one of the best dates I have ever been on, I really enjoyed myself. Alan plays goalie on a city league here in Provo and so I went to his games also. Soon I got hooked. Hockey is such an invigorating sport! It's non-stop action, every minute has something going on! So, in short, I fell in love with the sport, so when Alan invited me to go with him to the BYU hockey class lab and learn how to play hockey, I immediately said yes. Well I've been playing for about 6 weeks now. I'm still not very good, but I'm greatly enjoying myself. It's such a thrill to be flying around on the ice, and I really like to body check that endearing fiance of mine ;)! Haha! Here are some recent pictures of us being awesome!







Also, some other AWESOME news. My dorm's best friend, Alan Miller, got his mission call yesterday. He's going to Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Spanish-speaking!!! It's so exciting!! Congratulations to him! We threw him a party last night and Krista made an awesome powerpoint, hahahaha! Oh man, was it hilarious or what! She took a whole bunch of pictures of Philadelphia from Google and imposed a picture of him with a mustache on top of them all. It was rather humorous!

So basically that's life right now. Lots of fun with the girlies and both Alan's and just trying to stay afloat of school.

1 comment:

Kari Christiansen said...

Hey Julie! Looks like fun. You finally weigh 100 pounds with all that hockey gear on :)I'll have to try that with ya sometime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...