Saturday, May 16, 2009

Bridal Shower

So today was my bridal shower put on by my future mother-in-law and an aunt of Alan's. It was such a wonderful day! His side of the family is so nice and sweet and open. I already love them! So this bridal shower, I had a wonderful time and everyone was super nice and gave the nicest presents! I was even reunited with one of my friends from elementary and junior high days, Nicole Laney Galbraith. It was great to see her again and to catch up on everything. Here are some pictures from the wonderful day!







One of the best parts of the day was the time I spent with my mom and sisters on the car ride down and back. We all have so much fun together and this trip was no exception. We were ridiculous and just had an all around good time.

So I have a couple of awesome stories from today. Here they are quoted verbatim from my letter to Alan.

"On the way down our car started making some funny noise. It was coming from the wheel well and we decided to stop and check it out. Well it was the piece of plastic that goes in front of the wheel. A bolt had come out. Well genius that I am, I decided to take 2 zip ties and tie it back, and I saved the day! Now comes the funny part. I am doing this in my cute black button-down shirt and my nice jeans. I'm lying in the gutter on my back with my head under the car, yelling at Karen to keep the 'friendly' ground squirrels away! There were these ground squirrels that were overly friendly because they had been fed WAY too often! They got WAY too close and were scaring the bejeebies out of me! Haha!

The other funny story happened at a restaurant on the way back. It was a sit down place and so we sat and the hostess came to bring us water. She was carrying all four glasses at once and put them down on the table, but one of them dropped very suddenly. It was like a geyser ALL OVER mom! IT WAS THE FUNNIEST THING EVER!!!!! The poor girl felt SO bad, but you know my mom, she was just like "Ahh, no big deal, don't worry about it. It's only water." But man! I couldn't stop laughing, and hard laughing, so hard that I could barely breath laughing! It was great!!"

What good times!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...