Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Take a gander at what I'm going to talk about . . .

If you guessed Alan, wedding or Philmont, you're spot on! Looking back at my recent posts it seems like I have a very one track mind, but hey that's all that's happening in my life right now.

Mom and I decided to make my own bouquet and so that's what we did last night. It was fun, but since neither Mom or I are really too creative it was slightly difficult piecing it all together. But it was great and this morning we got it done. I took pictures to send to Alan and my mother-in-law.





Mom and I have been working on a quilt of mine that has spent the last year at my parent's place, just gathering dust. It's coming along nicely, but I get sick of quilting every once in awhile and then my work gets sloppy, so today I took quilting off and Mom and I went shopping instead. As always, Mom and I had a bunch of fun being ridiculous.

Alan is finally in Jordan and from his blog and his email it sounds like he is having a wonderful time. As always I'm glad he has this chance to go to school at the University of Jordan for the summer. It will greatly help him, not just with his Arabic, but also with his self-confidence in his ability to speak Arabic. I have full faith in him.

So Philmont, my last topic of the day. So when I got home from BYU, I was completely out of money. When I say completely, I really mean completely. I was in the hole in my checking account. Thanks to Mom I was able to cash in some old savings bonds and thanks to Karen for letting me take over her paper route. Dad is giving me odd jobs around the house in exchange for a new tire for my car. My family is absolutely amazing! They are so helpful and will catch me when I fall every time. I love them so much and I appreciate them just as much. They are wonderful people. Hopefully I'll end up with a new tire and enough money to pay for gas on the way to Philmont.

1 comment:

L'homme Masqued said...

aHA! So that's how you got the tire. You are the best, babe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...