Monday, February 14, 2011

"For God so Loved the World . . ." John 3:16

First off, happy Valentine's day everyone! I hope that you're spending time with those you love today, even if you have no significant other.

Yesterday was Fast and Testimony meeting for sacrament meeting. We had stake conference the week before and it got moved back to this week. Alan was off at drill and Karl was being rather fussy yesterday in church (nothing unexpected from a sick little boy), so I wasn't able to bear my testimony. This is a little unconventional, but I would like to share with you all my testimony of our Savior.

Bishop Finlinson challenged us to read The Living Christ every day in December. I took that challenge and I did well. I didn't read it every day, there were I think two days where it just slipped my mind, but I did it every other day. I didn't necessarily learn something new about the Savior every single day, but my testimony of Jesus Christ and his divine mission was strengthened enormously. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior, that he bled in the garden of Gethsemane and died on the cross so that I might be forgiven of my sins and be able to live with God again. I know that Jesus Christ was resurrected, and that he does indeed live and that through his resurrection comes life eternal. I know that. Jesus Christ is our exemplar; through his actions he laid out the path that we must follow. It was through the love of God for us, his children, that all of this came about. I know that Heavenly Father is indeed our Father and that he cares for us. I know that He has a plan for us, and that we have a purpose in this life, and in the life to come. I know that this is true in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...