Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Blog Inspiration

Unlike Katie over on Notes from a very red kitchen, I don't have any cool projects in the works that are keeping me from blogging, I've just had nothing to say. I still don't have anything exciting to talk about, but here are some random thoughts from the past couple of days.

Some awesome blog posts that I read in the past couple of days: this one where Jess from Craftiness is Not Optional (a blog I read religiously) guest posted with her stuffed whales. I think that the whales are SO DANG CUTE! I wanted to start making a million of them, but I held myself back. The next post that had me all excited was this one from MADE who had Delia Creates guest post about bow ties.  Alan absolutely loves bow ties and he passed that love on to me. As soon as my dang book is done (I still need to get some black fabric to finish it off, gaah! so close) I'm devoting my life to making bow ties for the men in my life. They are so dang easy, I can't not make any!

So inspired by these blog posts I went to the DI today to look for sheets/fabric/old shirts from which to make whales and bow ties. I found the most adorable flowered sheet that I had to buy, even though I don't have a little girl and I don't know what I'm going to do with it. Also, I found an awesome bright blue sheet that I'm going to make a wee bow tie for the Killer and maybe a matching one for his dad. My camera is currently at Alan's work and so no pictures of the cuteness.

I'm really hoping to get my quiet book done by Saturday and then I'll be posting pictures, things I learned and some ideas for a Churchy quiet book that I want to put together. Also coming up in the near future I'll be blogging about cloth diapers, the pros, cons, and why I chose to use them. Plus, as a special bonus, I'm going to give you a tutorial on how to make cloth diaper covers with gussets! Stay tuned for some awesomeness!

P.S. Check out my adorable Killer!
Lookin' cool in dad's glasses!

Hangin' out with my pops!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Julie, you make me blush!

And I fell in love with those whales right away too. Olivia has way too many stuffed animals already... but I still want to make 10. Haha.

Best of luck working on your projects! I'm super excited to see your quiet book when you're finished!

Adventures of Kade & Stephanie said...

Julie,
I am so excited to see all the stuff you are working on. I wish I actually would finish all the projects I have started. I just somehow always find an excuse not to. Oh well.

Anyway I hope you get your cloth diaper post done. I really wanted to try them, but I heard SO much negativity that I wasn't quite brave enough. But I can always start. I am excited to hear why you decided to do it and keep with it.
:D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...