Thursday, March 3, 2011

Rainy Day

It's rainy outside today. Rain always makes me nostalgic for some reason. I'm from Idaho, where it hardly ever rains, but still rain gives me that wishing-for-another-time feeling. I love rain; I love the scent, the grayness, the feeling of just staying home and snuggling up with a good book, or a cute baby, or a loved one. I wish it would rain more often here, but it's nice that it's very infrequent and I can savor it when it does come.

It's been so long since I've written because not much has been happening. I've been busy, but mostly with stay-at-home mom kinds of things, so nothing overly exciting. I haven't even been working on my color quiet book very much this week.

I do have to tell you about my peas. I can't find my camera (crazy yes, but it's not in the usual spot) and so I can't post pictures, but here's my inspiration.
We all know the cute little peas from Toy Story 3, well I thought they were so adorable that I had to make some for my little boy. They aren't as professional looking as some peas in a pod I've seen on Etsy, but I didn't do such a bad job. I'm just going to make the pod a little smaller and then I think I'll be more satisfied with it. As soon as I can locate my camera (it can't be very far, my apartment is only 600 sq. ft.) I'll take some pictures and post them.

Other exciting news, Alan and I have a military dining out to go to tomorrow night. Basically it's a super fancy dinner where the servicemen and women wear their class A's or the blues (the uber nice dress uniform that's not camo) and their dates wear really nice dresses or a tuxedo. I've been eying a gorgeous dress for the past year and a half and it went on sale from $84 to $16. Whoo hoo! What a steal! We'll get some pictures of us and I'll post those also.

Now for a day of relaxation. I'm off to sew and stare out at the rain.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...