Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

 First off, congratulations to my wonderful husband for graduating and commissioning this past week. I am so very proud of him and his accomplishments! He's worked really hard in the ROTC program for the past two years, and now here he is; a 2nd Lt. in the United States Army! He earned his bachelor degree in Middle Eastern Studies and spent four long years struggling to learn Arabic. He did an amazing job persevering through the frustrations of learning a new language, and has become quite fluent.




Second of all, happy Easter everyone! It's a beautiful Easter for us--super sunny, and just a little chilly, perfect weather for taking a walk! 


A big thank you to my brother for taking the pictures!

Easter is not just a silly holiday for us. We enjoy the candy just as much as the next person, but there is something more to this holiday. Today is the day, two thousand years ago, that Jesus Christ rose from the tomb and became the resurrected Lord. This is a time where we can focus on the Savior, his life, and especially his death and resurrection. I know that my Redeemer lives. Jesus Christ died to save us from our sins. He gave his life freely out of perfect love for us. I testify, along with President Thomas S. Monson, that this is true; in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. 



1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh my heavens Julie! He is so cute! That little boy is getting so big... I can't believe how much he has grown. I'm so happy for Alan having graduated. Woot woot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...