Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My Blogging Philosophy

I am an average human being. I love sewing, crafting, cooking, doing preschool with my boys, and reading, but I am not extraordinary in any of those areas (except maybe reading, I am pretty fast).  I want my blog to reflect that. So you will see it all: the messes, the disasters, the chaos. But I will also show you the triumphs, the beautiful, and the entertaining. I want this to be a blog that people can look to and relate with. Where people can see that even bloggers don't have perfect lives but that we are happy, and love life and all the challenges and fun times it throws at us.

My boys playing hockey in my cluttered living room

I love sewing! My mom taught me the basics, and I took a few classes from 4-H. Even after all that, I still don't know everything there is to know. I'm still on a journey to perfect my sewing. I've got a lot of cool books that teach different techniques that I am slowly working my way through. I want to share my journey of becoming a better seamstress. I'm also working on creating my own patterns. For my birthday a couple of weeks ago, my husband got me an awesome book about creating patterns. I'll be sharing my journey through that and showing you what I've created and what I've learned. I'm not always the best seamstress, but I love it and I hope to show you that passion.
My cute three-year old in an awesome shirt I made him. I'll give you more details next week. 

I mentioned this before, but I am a budding photographer, so my pictures will not always be amazing. That's something I want to improve. I'll share with you what I learn and what works for me. I won't be buying a fancy camera, I'll just be using my 5 year old point-and-shoot. I want to learn to use that old point-and-shoot to it's fullest potential.


Cute boys being dinosaurs

We are a young family working on our financial goals and so my projects will often reflect that. I'll often be reusing materials to make fun things for my boys and husband and myself. It'll be fun to be challenged like this. I like blank canvases; I work better with unworked material in my hands. But I am excited to have to think differently when I use materials that have already been put together. A couple of months ago my boys and I were really into cardboard boxes. We made a lot of cool things together; I wish I had taken more pictures so that I could show youeverything. But that is what I'm talking about--taking materials that are already defined as something and changing it into something even more wonderful.
The silent piano. Great for jamming along with your favorite Taylor Swift songs. Yes, T-Swift is our favorite artist around here. 

Life is pretty chaotic time-wise around here. My husband works full-time and goes to grad school part-time. I'm a stay-at-home mom during the day and then work part-time at night. Our boys are 3 and 1 so they keep us busy. With so much going on my goal is to blog 4 times a week. I'll be sharing sewing projects, crafts, preschool ideas, thoughts on mothering, and anything else I feel I need to post. It'll be a mishmash of things, but it'll be fun and hopefully entertaining. Thanks for reading!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...