Sunday, December 1, 2013

Weekend Wonders--Food, Family and Frivolity

Okay so it's been more than a week since I posted anything, sorry about that. It's been busy and I haven't been feeling well this past week. But I'm back and doing great!

We spent Thanksgiving up in Idaho with my parents. All of my siblings and their spouses were there so it was a full house. We had a lot of fun hanging out and just being together. We ate a huge Thanksgiving meal full of family favorites and some new dishes. It was wonderful! 


We spent Friday canning homemade soup mix. That was crazy, but we had fun and got a lot accomplished. Alan used my Dad's tools and started the bunk bed that he's making for the boys' Christmas present. 

Karl and Theo spent a lot of time outside digging holes, playing baseball, and rough-housing. 


Friday evening, we went horseback riding with Karen. Alan and I had a blast! Theo enjoyed it as well but Karl threw a fit and wouldn't have anything to do with the horses. 


The boys LOVE their grandparents, and all their aunts and uncles. They are the only grandchildren on my side so everybody completely spoils them. They were so happy to see and to play with everyone. Alan and I were also happy, and we enjoyed ourselves.  I wish that we could have been together longer, but it was fun while it lasted. 


Enjoy some other pictures from our weekend. 



Thanks for reading. I'll be checking in lots more this week, I promise. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...